As a lover of stationary products and crafts I’ve been so giddy over making this wall hanging planner. I usually lose all of my little pieces of paper that I write my to do lists on or they get lost on a random pages of a sketch book. This wall hanging planner is perfect for keeping me on track, or just to do some fun drawings on.
A super simple DIY project that you have to try! and it looks pretty cool too. I’ve made two, one using a white poster roll and the other using a black.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Poster roll
- Leather cord/thong
- Wooden beads (a pack of 100, 12mm beads will be more than enough)
- Large bulldog style clips
- Cut a piece of the leather cord to slightly bigger than width of the poster roll, adding roughly 5cm each side. This is so you have enough to tie knots each side.
- Feed this cut leather cord through the poster roll.
- Cut another piece of leather cord 1.5 x the length of the poster roll.
- With this long piece, thread the wooden beads too fill the cord, leaving roughly 5cm at each end. Use a clip at one end to stop the beads from falling off.
- Then tie one end of the beaded cord to one end of the cord fed through the poster roll. Repeat on the other side.
- Find a hook or screw to hang it from.
- Unroll the paper by holding each end of the cord, lifting the roll and unravelling the paper.
- To weigh the poster roll down add two large bulldog style clips. The hanging cord will be squeezing the roll at the top to stop it from rolling down.
Here’s a shot using a black poster roll, using a metallic or white pen can really look cool on this paper.
C R A F T S U P P L I E S
Now it’s time for planning, drawing and to do lists. Have fun making yours!