Yet another Scandinavian home I’m utterly drooling over. This is the home of interior stylist and owner of Danish interiors company Lerche Design .
I feel that this house is a great example of combining design classics with modern design in a seamless manner. It may seem quite understated home but I wanted to show you that a well thought out living space can be both practical, simplistic and have a level of design integrity.
There’s something tranquil, cosy and effortlessly stylish about this home, plus who doesn’t want to jump on that GAN Magnas space sofa, ah dreamy. I can pick out all of the designer pieces here but that’s not the point. What I enjoy is the harmonious nature and flow of design throughout the house. White walls, wooden ceiling and floors and a monochrome interior styling with hints of greens.
Notes to take from this home :
- Keep things simple, don’t clutter.
- Natural materials in simplistic forms
- Note all of the rugs and soft furnishings are of similar colour tone (monochrome) but to create interest they are of very different textures.
- Hints of a natural green shade brings the outside in, also compliments any foliage in the house.
- I love the black photo frames together with the black lamps and window frames, this gives an chic and stylish look.
- Let the natural materials be natural and the man made materials look industrial.
- Relax, it’s a home not a show home, make each room practical!
SOURCE : Femina.dk