When Hansel the cat started scratching the sofa that was annoying but then when he started attacking the Vinyl records enough was enough. Thank heavens for DesignSponge for the cat scratching pad idea.
This is a perfect way to recycle your old card board boxes.
- Cut the card board into strips of equal height (I chose 20cm).
- Roll the corrugated strips up tightly
- Tape the first strip up into a tight roll
- Keep adding the strips, rolling around thus increasing the roll in size.
- Once you have reached you desired size, make sure it is securely taped up.
- Decorated the outside edge. I chose a carpet off cut. Hansel loves to crawl around it.
I didn’t have enough cardboard to make the cat scratching pad in one session so I added to it as soon as I had any left over cardboard from deliveries etc. However this didn’t stop Hansel from jumping on it at any opportunity.